Login window of the terminal workstations, alt* and sbt*, was
changed to graphical mode (run level 5) on July 30, 2018.
When logging in, you can change the window manager as follows.
1. Enter your account name in the account (Username) field, and press Enter key or click the "Next" button.
2. On the password entry screen, "Gear" icon is displayed near the "Sign In" icon. Click the "Gear" icon.
3. You can select a window manager from several choices.
4. When entering your password and click "Sign In" (or press Enter key), GUI environment which you selected starts.
The following explains how to use a window manager that is not in the default choices.
- When selecting a window manager, select "User Script".
- "User Script" runs "~/.xsession" or "~/.Xclients" file.
If you set the mwm environment to these files, the mwm starts after selecting "User Script" and log in.
An example of the mwm environment setting is as follows.
(1) Make ~/.xsession file as follows and set the permission to 700.
#!/bin/bash # Set the background color xsetroot -solid steelblue # xterm & # exec mwm
(2) Make ~/.mwmrc file.
$ cp /etc/X11/mwm/system.mwmrc ~/.mwmrc
After setting above, select "User Script" and log in.