We have a problem described below since the new system started its operation in 2018.
As of July 2018, the problem is under investigation.
In some cases, a 32-bit software (command) may fail to open a file in /lfs* and /wk[m,h]* area.
- "imcalc" command included in IRAF/STSDAS cannot manipulate (open) files in the /lfs* area.
- The commands of "newstar" cannot manipulate (open) files in the /wk* area.
- JNewstarLinux (All commands)
- newstar (Almost all)
- IRAF 2.14.1 (Almost all except for part of STSDAS)
- IRAF 2.16.1 (Partly; STSDAS, TABLES, noao.digiphot.photocal)
- x11iraf (All commands)
This problem occurs because 32-bit programs cannot deal with
the inode number of the 64-bit file-system.
You should use /home* area (your home directory) when you would like to use
the software with this problem. This problem does not occur in
the /home* area because inode numbers fit within the 32-bit range.